This week on The Sorority Nutritionist Podcast, Lauren is joined by TSN fit babe, Shannon. As a medical student (soon-to-be physician!) with a degree in nutrition, Shannon had all the book knowledge and “knew” what to do, but still felt bombarded with all of the conflicting nutrition advice! After years of not feeling confident in her body and struggling with hypothyroidism, she joined TSN Coaching to take her nutrition back to square one!
We chat about the power of feeling amazing in your skin, ignoring the haters, hitting your goals even when you are booked and busy, and why customized calories are everything (especially for babes who are shorter)!
Here’s a glance at this episode…
- (4:28): Shannon says “So many people know what to do – watch their portions and moderation – but that’s vague and cookie cutter.”
- (6:25): Shannon shares “What’s wrong with wanting your body to look and feel a certain way? I just don’t see why people need to feel demonized for wanting to lose weight in a healthy way and feel good about how their body looks and feels.”
- (7:45): Shannon shares her struggle and symptoms of hypothyroidism
- (9:50): Lauren and Shannon talk about why weight loss isn’t just about the weight and why women shouldn’t need to justify feeling and looking their absolute best!
- (14:05): Lauren asks Shannon about the diets she tried before joining TSN Coaching.
- (19:32): Lauren asks Shannon “How did your height play into this weight loss journey for you?”
- (23:45): Shannon and Lauren talk about when it makes sense to lower your calories – and why 1200 calories is sometimes appropriate for shorter babes.
- (26:30): Lauren says “I’ve calculated calorie needs for thousands of women. You can’t just go off of estimation equations! They are often wrong.”
- (27:20): Shannon shares “I’ve gone to Dietitians in the past and they were telling me to eat 1800 calories – that is what they were giving to everyone.”
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, babe you’re missing out! I want to encourage you to subscribe today so you don’t miss another episode and stay on track with your weight loss goals! Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra FUN and loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also so fun for me to go in and read to see what you’re enjoying on the TSN Podcast. All you have to do is click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thanks babe!