The Starbucks obsession is real, babes! This week on The Sorority Nutritionist Podcast, Lauren chats with Starbucks Fit Babe Barista, McKinley, about skinny drink swaps, fun drinks, and how to have your favorite coffee without it ruining your weight loss goals.
Starbucks lovers, this one’s for you!
Here’s a glance at this episode…
- (3:30): Lauren and McKinley dive into tips and tricks for healthier coffee
- (5:45): Lauren and McKinley talk sugar and calories in syrups and sauces – McKinley shares her recipe for a Skinny Iced Mocha with Vanilla and Hazelnut
- (8:55): Lauren asks McKinley all about Starbucks Refreshers
- (10:50) Lauren says “It’s not that you can’t have any of these drinks we are talking about. It’s about the awareness of it. I’ve had clients literally come to me having 2-3 Starbucks drinks a day and not lose weight. I want you to be able to have these drinks, but it’s about the balance of it, because you might not even know what’s in them.”
- (12:50): Lauren and McKinley chat about “light” vs a “splash” of cream
- (17:00): Lauren and McKinley talk about their favorite fun drinks, sugar in non-dairy milks, and whipped cream
- (24:00): Lauren says “If you’re trying to lose weight, it’s not that you can’t have the whipped cream, but approach these drinks as a fun food situation. You don’t have to stress about the calories and track it perfectly. Enjoy the food and understand the rest of your day matters most.”
- (25:40): Lauren asks what the wildest drink McKinley’s ever made… which includes 12 pumps of dark caramel
- (28:10): McKinley shares a helpful tip “If you ever order through the mobile app, the nutrition info at the bottom is for a standard 16oz – if you modify your drink, it won’t change the calorie info”
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, babe you’re missing out! I want to encourage you to subscribe today so you don’t miss another episode and stay on track with your weight loss goals! Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra FUN and loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also so fun for me to go in and read to see what you’re enjoying on the TSN Podcast. All you have to do is click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thanks babe!